Automation design, programming and installation.
The Stiegler Company knows the challenges today’s manufacturers face, and we are here to help. Technology has changed the nature of manufacturing and automation is often the determining factor in whether or not a company will remain competitive.
A well designed automation system offers many benefits:
- Reduces production time
- Lowers production cost
- Increases efficiency
- Increases repeatability and improves quality control
- Reduces production downtime
- Reduces direct and indirect labor
- Eliminates repetitive task and improves ergonomics
- Increases employee safety
Not sure how to add automation to your process?
Do you want to automate but don’t know exactly what or how? Have an idea but not sure how to proceed? We can do a plant walk through to view your existing processes and find opportunities for improvement. We can then offer quotes for automation opportunities and aid you with an ROI analysis to determine cost effectiveness. We can design, program, and install a customizable solution that boosts your efficiency, production, and most importantly your bottom line.
The Stiegler Company automation services include:
- Automation design and system build.
- Automation design capabilities include:
- Collaborative robots
- Vision systems
- Motion control systems
- PLC and HMI/touchscreen control systems
- On-site integration and commissioning
- ROI analysis
- Automation and machine control troubleshooting
What are collaborative robots?
Collaborative robots provide the advantage of advanced automation without the cost associated with traditional robots. What are the advantages of collaborative robots over traditional robots? Collaborative robots have the following advantages: A typical robot needs a safety cage to prevent human injury from impact due to the unrestricted force of the robot. A collaborative robot can share workspace with humans because they are force limited to stop when they have unexpected contact. This means a collaborative robot can work right alongside humans, for example, on an assembly line.
Advantages of collaborative robots.
- Eliminating the safety cage frees floor space and eliminates the cost associated with safety caging, which could be two- to five-times the cost of the robot. With a proper risk assessment completed, a collaborative robot does not require a safety cage.
- With a traditional robot, when there is a problem the robot must be stopped before a worker can safely enter the safety cage. The worker then corrects the problem, exits the safety cage, resets the safety circuit, and then restarts the robot and associated machinery. With a collaborative robot, the worker simply fixes the problem and restarts the robot.
- Unlike a traditional robot, a collaborative robot can be moved around your facility performing multiple tasks. This is a big advantage for a collaborative robot – buy one robot and use it anywhere in your facility!
- Traditionally robots have been complex to program. The new collaborative robots offer simple, quick, intuitive, and easy programming. To teach a waypoint simply move the robot into position by hand and hit the waypoint button on the controller.
Collaborative robots are affordable with quick ROI.
Collaborative robots provide the advantages of traditional robots without the cost of advanced robot programming, extensive training, long set-up times, dedicated work areas, and expensive safety cages. The collaborative robot now makes automation truly affordable with a quick return on investment. For small and mid-sized companies, it is a new approach to cost effective manufacturing!
See a collaborative robot in action.
Give us a call to schedule a no-cost demonstration!
The Stiegler Company team is a valued,
long-term partner of Festival Foods.
Their entire team is very professional, highly skilled, and great to work with before, during and after projects. We work with The Stiegler Company on a regular basis in our stores on projects both large and small. From just adding an outlet or replacing a switch, to remodeling a department or wiring a new addition, and even to being the electrical contractor on an entire new store build, the Stiegler team approaches each project with the same passion, can do attitude, and professionalism, all while keeping our project budgets in mind. They have consistently saved us time, expense and down time.
Roger P. Schlomann, Director of Construction and Facilities
Skogen's Festival Foods
Stiegler's staff is dependable, prompt
and always responsive to our needs.
We have worked with Stiegler on many projects for more than 20 years. We call on them for everything from completing a new building addition or remodel, to wiring up new machinery in our manufacturing plant, to maintaining the lighting in our parking lots. Stiegler is our choice for all our electrical needs.
Ken Metzler, AHC, FDHI
LaForce, Inc – Chairman
Stiegler is a true partner,
they're not just here to do a job.
I’ve been working with The Stiegler Company for over twenty years. I know I can always count on them for all of our electrical needs from the facility to machine installs they help come up with a solid plan when doing new work and they provide good solutions and options to solve problems. They are true partners and they’re not just here to do a job.
Ben Bukowiec, Facilities Manager
They are competitive, courteous
and easy to work with.
I have worked with The Stiegler Company for the last 23 years on various projects including the construction of a new facility for PDQ Manufacturing. Mike and his crew provide us with detailed quotes, their work is top notch, and always on time. They are competitive, courteous and easy to work with. I would not hesitate recommending them to anyone.
Scott Vander Heiden, Director of Operations & Supply Chain
PDQ Manufacturing, Inc.
I recommend The Stiegler Company without hesitation
for quality electrical/voice/data work.
Nsight/Cellcom partners with The Stielger Company on a variety of projects large and small. From construction of our new 30,000 square foot Logistical Operations Center to minor voice, data and electrical projects we are continually impressed with their attention to detail and ability to work with us on tight timelines. In the telecom world, change is constant and Stiegler’s response time to last minute projects is always outstanding. I recommend The Stiegler Company without hesitation for quality electrical/voice/data work.
Aksel Schnell, Manager of Corporate Purchasing and Inventory
The Stiegler Company, Inc.
1265 Russet Court
Green Bay, WI 54313
We accept payment by check, cash, or the following credit cards: